Wednesday, March 11

Type A

In high school I hated changing classes at the semester. Was gym going to be in the morning and I have to sweat? Will I know anyone? Right when I was getting into a routine they switch it all around. I don't know if it was because I was shy, I hated change, or I just didn't like not knowing anyone in class. I know this is the story of "life" and I am getting better with age at handling change. I think it is because I'm more confident. Of course work interviews and photographing people I don't know all help. I'm a routine person. I don't even like time changes.

I have to say going through changes in life is a lot easier with my best friend and husband, Donovan. It is a little easier to tell the boss you are transferring, buying a new house, or having a child with someone by your side. I couldn't imagine doing all this by myself.

I figure babies are even more routine people, which is why I am on page three...

Yes tomorrow I'm leaving for Las Vegas to meet up with Donovan and friends from Phoenix. It should be so much fun. Donovan has been there since Monday and my in laws will be at our house watching Isaac. Looking at this cute photo of him. It already makes me miss him. He will be in great hands, but we have a routine that he follows. It only took him 2 days to change for day light savings. Yep he is already getting up at 6:30 again - that stinks.

So here are my three pages. I don't think I'm done either. I have lists on how to work the television, what he likes to eat, and daily schedule. I know Type A personality. I only trying to help and I would want a list like this if I was ever in charge. My dad thinks I'm crazy and I know Dave will too. My mom feels it is helpful and who knows what Sue will think. If she doesn't look at them it is fine, but at least they are there for "reference".

I've had people ask what is with the doors? They put plastic on the french doors for painting or staining. Very helpful.

Finally all the painting is done except some touch ups. Once the plastic was removed all the bad painting doesn't show up. Now I just look through the door instead of at the door. Look at the mess in the office. That is were all the crap is out since we are now working on the mudroom.

3 gallons of tan, 1 gallon of blue, 1 gallon of white ceiling paint, and 1 gallon of white trim/door paint - we are almost finished painting!

The architect in Donovan came out. We needed to tile in a pattern. Man oh man. Why? But I do have to say it is coming along and looks great! Now we have to make all our cuts - the time consuming part.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

We love you so much for being Type A!!! I think it is very helpful and would be very helpful especially for bedtime routine. I would even like a list because I only know his day time stuff! It sure is better to have to much info then none at all : ) Have fun on your trip you need the break!

Heather said...

Heather I am right there with you!!! I left 5 pages of notes for Olivia for when the baby came. There was a copy on the fridge, in the diaper bag, the bag for if she had to spend the night at the neighbors, and in the bag that went with us to the hospital in case she had to come with us. There were millions of check lists too! Everyone thought I was a nut but I would of wanted to know. Plus I think routine is important for them to feel comfortable while you are gone! YOU did great and like you said they don't have to read them (but it did suck when they were telling me stories of what happened and I reminded them that all that info was in the notes that they didn't read!)Anyway have fun and no that no matter what he will survive and you did everything you could to make it easy for him and them! :)